Almost every morning I will start my day off with eggs for breakfast. I am egg obsessed! They are packed full of protein, vitamin B12 and vitamin D. They help to hold me over until my next meal or snack. Rarely do I ever have eggs just by themselves. I usually always will have a vegetable or healthy fat mixed into it and load it up with seasonings galore. I am a big tasty food advocate.
I recently started adding turmeric into my scrambled egg mix to get in some extra nutrients and to switch things up. Turmeric is a root that has an abundance of health benefits from fighting inflammation to mood boosting to fighting depression. It is most effective when paired with black pepper. Black pepper will enhance the absorption of turmeric and give us the biggest bang for our buck nutrition wise. I love to mix turmeric into my eggs because it masks the bitter taste that turmeric alone has. It is best hidden by other foods and flavors so that way you are able to easily enjoy it without having a bitter taste to your food. I added about a half of a teaspoon to my two egg scramble this morning.
I also love having an avocado every day, as you can see from my previous blog posts, because of their healthy fats and to keep me full. To see when your avocados are ripe and how to pick the best ones in the grocery store, visit my previous blog post here. I incorporated a quarter of an avocado into my turmeric egg scramble bowl this morning.
Another addition to my turmeric egg scramble bowl was spinach and sweet potato. I love spinach in all of its forms and I try to get it in every day because of its super food qualities. It is packed full of potassium, magnesium, iron, calcium, vitamin C and so many more great nutrients. I sauteed up about two hand fulls of spinach in avocado oil in the skillet before adding in my egg scramble mix. I have recently been incorporating more sweet potato into my diet because it is rich in vitamin A and helps to bring on and regulate our cycle with its healthy carbohydrates that can help fuel ovulation.
To top this beauty of a bowl off, I added nutritional yeast to get in more important B vitamins for energy and metabolism, Trader Joe’s everything but the bagel seasoning, salt, pepper and a side of primal kitchen avocado mayo. Delicious! I could eat this on repeat every day.
To make my turmeric scrambled egg bowl all you need is:
2 organic eggs
1 tablespoon light cream
1/2-1 teaspoon of turmeric
1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
1/4 teaspoon pink himilayan sea salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
Generous amounts of Everything but the bagel seasoning
Handful of spinach
1 tablespoon avocado oil
1/4 boiled sweet potato
1. Boil water in a medium saucepan
2. Skin a medium sweet potato
3. Cut it into “French fry” pieces
4. Place in boiling water for 10 minutes
5. Remove from heat, strain water and set aside
6. Heat a medium sized skillet to medium heat
7. Mix the cream, eggs and turmeric together until well mixed
8. Sauté the spinach in avocado oil
9. Pour the egg scramble mix into the skillet with spinach
10. Continue to scramble the egg mix in the skillet for about 5-10 minutes until fully cooked
11. Remove from the skillet and plate.
12. Cut a ripe avocado into quarters and place one quarter on top of the egg mix
13. Place a few sweet potato fries on top of the eggs
14. Put seasonings and mayo on top and enjoy!!
Comment your thoughts if you try this recipe!